Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Beatles, Eating, Praying and Loving of LIFE

Perhaps they (The lovely band named Beatles) WERE on drugs a lot of the time...
Perhaps it was even ALL the time.
but these words here bring me happiness.
These words here speak to me.

There's nothing you can do that can't be done. Nothing you can sing that can't be sung. Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made. No one you can save that can't be saved. Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time - It's easy.



This has been a big adventure for me lately.. that is- the journey to find myself.
And if I am to be completely honest...
the fact of the matter is..
I will never COMPLETELY "find myself"
Each day of my life I come closer and closer... because each day,
I learn something new as I take life one step at a time.
So here I am today... working on finding that love and zeal for life that I once had.
Here I am today, getting back on my feet and keep trying to be a better person.
And let me tell you something.
I couldn't feel more content with the path my feet are headed down.

As I sat in the movie "Eat Pray Love" with Sweet Hailey Jo

(the best friend of mine who I adore completely)
I was deeply inspired.
So today as I step forward I will do those three things. Now for "Liz" in the movie..
each thing meant one thing.
I am sure that everyone in the world can feel completely different inspirational things
about those three simple words....
But
This is what they mean to me.

Eat:

"To take time to smell the roses

to watch a child's eyes as they close
To smell the earth and every good thing
to enjoy the small things the Lord-to us brings.
to taste new flavors and close your eyes.
and listen carefully to the old and wise.
today I will and forever more
eat up and enjoy this life I adore.
-Says ME"

(Yes, I DID just make that up... I was feeling very poetic at that very moment)

Pray:
Liz in the movie took time everyday to Meditate and "find" her "Inner Smile"...
How lovely that thought was to me.
To take time every day to twist my legs up in a pretzel-like form...
to the "ok" sign with my hands and rest them softly on my knees, close my eyes...
and smile.
This idea sounded so lovely in fact that I rolled out of bed this morning and tried it.
hahaha
I felt completely Silly.

And I realized that my time for meditation and my way of finding my inner smile is similar

but different at the same time.
I will take the time every morning to pray, ponder and read my scriptures before I do anything else.
I cant think of a better way for me to find peace.
I can't think of a better way to find my inner smile every day.
Love:
Love, oh love. It really is such a wonderful thing.
But let me explain to you what I learned.
First of all...
Going to school at LDS Business College is a wonderful thing.
There are people from all over the world who I get to attend classes with
BEAUTIFUL people who are very different from me.
There are some language barriers and sometimes that can make things a little bit uncomfortable.
But as I sat and watched that movie... I thought of every beautiful child of God from my
school that I have the blessing to know.
I get to meet new people and learn all about their culture.
I get to Love them and can truly begin to love ALL of Gods children as I find that inner peace
within myself.
Starting today I will look at people and love them because I KNOW who they are.
Starting today I will LOVE as Jesus did.
Good, Good day my friends. I recommend seeing this movie... but if you do... Open your heart and
think of the positive way it can be applied to you.

Love,

Lou

1 comment:

  1. All great things you can do to find your center, your inner smile, and your purpose, Syd!

    p.s. the word verification for this was "operess" so appropriate for you!

    ReplyDelete