Friday, June 17, 2011

task #36 + task #37 + 1:13am = a VERY sleepy and quite possibly senile SYDNEY

Task #36 was completed today as I spent part of the day and the rest of the evening introducing some of my favorite old films to the darling little sister...


...you know... the darling teenager who let me fro her hair and mold her into my lovely little model?
Yeah, that one.


First, we watched Breakfast at Tiffany's 


We drooled for some time over Audrey's impeccable style and grace... ooo and not to mention the darling George Peppard and that magical kiss in the rain. I do believe that the little sister was dazzled by the experience.

And for myself?...still completely obsessed with the film.
And with Audrey Hepburn.



 
I've always wanted to be a lady like her... (a lady like my own grandmother even)... You know, those classy women who wear hats to church and don't do anything without first putting their lipstick on. So beautiful. So classy. One day that will consistently be me.
After Breakfast at Tiffany's, we ran to the "Health Food Store" where we grabbed some local honey to help decrease my terrible allergies (a sweet friend and sort of neighbor introduced the idea to me, we'll see how it works!) We then got summer snow shaved ice (yummy.) and hurried home to enjoy, YET another movie together. I decided to introduce her to one of my favorite Musical films of all time. A show that I knew almost all the songs to before ever seeing the show.

Singin' in the Rain
Love the music
Love Gene Kelly
Love Debbie Reynolds (one of the most darling actresses of all time)
Love everything...
Such a funny show.
Turns out this is the little sisters "new favorite movie!"
I KNEW she would love it!
PSM (Proud. Sister. Moment.)

Me doing the "Gene Kelly"

Gene Kelly doing the "Gene Kelly"

My 3 favorite people in the show!

After the movies we shoved down some delicious dinner and I then I finished task #37 as we watched and sang along to Hairspray
Here was what I did:

Task #37: Make an item of clothing without a pattern.
Pretty rough... but hey... I can at least wear it to the pool over my swimming suit.
The more I Sew... the better I'll get at it. Make sure to check back here and there for new projects!



Well folks, It is almost 2 am and I am beat...
And apparently I have baby hands in this picture.... I'm feeling all sorts of awkward.

task #36 + task #37 + 2:01am = a VERY sleepy and quite possibly senile SYDNEY

Off to bed for me!

Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I am so glad Savannah loved Singin' In The Rain! Now she just needs to watch West Side Story and her transformation will be complete! :)

    p.s. In that last picture of you, your hands look extremely small. You kinda look like you are being punched by a baby...on both sides. Haha

    ReplyDelete