Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Task #27: Sing in front of a large group of college students

I love to sing.
Ask my roommates.
They may or may not get a personal wake up call every morning as I take a shower.

Abnoxious? Probably.
But do they still love me anyway?....

Umm.... Yeah, yeah... I sure hope so.

ANYways, here's my dilemma.
I dread the nervous feeling of singing in front of people.
You know....That gut wrenching feeling.
The all of a sudden urge to go to the bathroom...
Sweaty palms, 100 Mile per hour vibrato,
you know... the works.

I decided that I needed to devise a plan.

Sing in front of the singles ward.
Lots of students.
&
No pressure.
That is exactly what I did.

---
It was a lovely Valentines day.
Hay, Charly and I sat in the bathroom of the stake center...
Head to toe in black...
Pasting black eye liner on our faces.
We were getting ready to sing Charly, Hay, and Kris' original hit song:
DEATH TO VALENTINES.

Dodgy?...
YES.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...
or something like that.

So I'll let THEM do the talking.


Daddy would be proud of his little "Kiss" band member


After all was said and done..........
The performance went great. Not a nervous feeling inside of me!
Everyone was dying with laughter, and I even got to hop in the Improv show that night as an EMO girl.

"What's your MSN Screen name?" They asked me...
"Black eye liner girl......" I responded in the creepiest voice ever
(Pause)... and then I rasped into the mic "6-6-6"

The crowd lost it.
As did the Game show host for the night.

Now... let me clear something up before I go.
No, I do not HATE valentines day (I actually love it so much.... a DAY of LOVE!!.. who WOULDN'T be happy?)
(...Yes I am being serious, and YES I am single...)
There's nothing depressing about being single.
Life is as AMAZING as you make it!

Love,
Black Eye Liner Girl........666

No comments:

Post a Comment