Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Task #28: Volunteer Somewhere Regularly

A little while back I volunteered at an incredible place in Salt Lake City, UT called:
A preschool were children can go to school and receive therapy if needed.
It's also a place where parents can receive help as well.
This year I decided to keep going. 
I go every Friday to help the teachers.
I play with the kids and am consistently blessed by their sweet spirits.
I wish they had the gospel in their lives.
I wish that their parents could know and feel of the happiness, hope, understanding and joy that I feel being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I will write more later about what I have learned there. 

But for now, I encourage you to look at the website and read a little bit about the Center... and about the Church as well if you'd like to know more.

Click below.





Before I finish, I just want to take a minute and express to you my feelings about service... I don't care if it feels cliche... It's the real deal.

Bottom line is...
Service is a big deal.
All over the world there is a need. As you walk down the street or the halls of your school, work, or community center... there is SOMEONE who could use your help.

So take the time and do it.

When we are "in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God."

God has given us EVERYTHING.
Lets take the time and be his servants.
Take the time TODAY to be his hands.

With MUCH love,
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment