Thursday, May 19, 2011

Task # 35: Turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so...

Weekdays I am blessed to live with the most adorable family ever.
When I first took the opportunity to Nanny for this family I was nervous and excited.
They are a Japanese family and are the most humble and gracious people you will ever meet.
I feel so blessed.
They are truly an incredible family.

Now... because I am living with them I have been able to partake of their culture and to learn a little bit about things in Japan. Yesterday I learned two characters... White and Rice... Yep... Super cool.

The other day I was inspired by the seven year old boy Yoshi as I watched him eat noodles with chopsticks.
He was seriously Pro.
Today I decided to try for myself to eat the entire bowl of curry and rice that I made. Except for instead of using a fork I had to use chopsticks.
Because of the blend of rice they use... it makes the rice a little bit more sticky... which in turn makes it easier to eat with chopsticks.

Success!


I really may be turning Japanese!

Love, The (straight up and down) Japanerican

No comments:

Post a Comment