Friday, September 9, 2011

Week 1: Slow and Steady wins the race (Steps to Change)

My Journey

http://www.thfusa.com/

The Dan Man has taught me a lot in the short time I have known him.
He taught me that this is not a diet, this is a lifestyle change.
As it should be.
For as we all know...diets never last.
But a change in your lifestyle will.

The desire to change is powerful, but even the strongest of desires will die if there is a lack of determination, knowledge, or understanding of the very person we are. More often than not, our life-change will be the hardest thing we will ever have to do... and sometimes we may need to outsource for help.

This very idea is what I truly believe. It can be applied in every aspect of our life. Here are just a few examples:

1. I want to change my physical body, I want to look better.
Well, to understand how to properly do this, you may have to get the help of a trainer, a nutritionist or from reading or from advice from that one girls blog... you know that one who is learning all kinds of tips from a professional?.. yeah that one.

2. I want to change who I have been, I am not happy with where my life is going.
Repentance automatically outsources our savior. But as many of us know, sometimes the biggest of changes of heart need the help of our bishop.

3. I want to know things, I want to gain a higher level of education.
Go to college!

You get what I mean.

As a normal human being there are several junk foods that I absolutely love. The incredible change that you can make in your life though is simply deciding to pick and choose carefully what you will and will not eat right here and now. Phrases such as "I'm going off sugar" "I'm going off chips, brownies, ice cream, diet coke"... or what ever else we think we will never eat again are ridiculous. If you've done this before, you are not stupid... you are actually one of millions who've made this often unsuccessful statement. The very truth of the matter is though... that you will most likely not stick to the fast for the rest of your life...what a boring and quite tasteless life that would be. Why put your body through that?

Instead, lets try and implement what we have learned Now, obviously there are basic necessities in our diet, and I am the furthest from being an expert... But what I do know is that three meals a day is good... that plus three snacks a day is even better. You see, after about 4 hours of going without any food... your body actually goes into a sort of starvation mode and starts burning the things in your body that you don't want to burn i.e. Muscle Mass or something like that... basically what I am trying to say is... eat moderately in all things every 2-3 hours. Moderation takes large doses of self control, something which can be learned and mastered.

Today is the day you can change your life. I know that as you read this you might be thinking... wow, there's that one thing that I could change to make my life better.

Just do it.

Begin your Steps Today
Trust me. Tomorrow, next week, three years from now or whenever you look back. You will be so grateful that you began your JOURNEY today.

 Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment