Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week 2: Find Joy in the Journey

Today began the wonderful week 2 of my 24 week journey working with Dan. 
So far, it has been GREAT! I'm starting to feel so much better about my body, not because it looks so good after one week... But because I am so proud of myself for sticking in there and working my way toward a more healthy lifestyle!!

As I jumped on the scale today at Dan's office, I was excited to see how many pounds I had lost in just the first week.

RESULTS.... Drumroll please...


THREE POUNDS!!
The even better part about it was that 2.4 of those pounds were fat mass! That means I must be doing something right! I am losing FAT FAT FAT! And I couldn't feel happier about it.

Now, at the end of every week... I will relay my success.
I will also reveal what I have been eating (You know, In case you want to come along with me on this journey... which I think you TOTALLY should! It feels so great to eat healthy! No matter who you are and how skinny you may be!)

You must realize though, that these menus are specifically tailored to my likes and dislikes. My calorie intake is also something that was set very personal to what my body needs...My advice would be to take the information I give you and do what you may with it.

You must ALSO realize that all of our bodies are different, what works for one... MAY not work as well for another... the key to this process is FIGURING out your body and what HEALTHY steps it takes you get your body to move.

Here's a quick sketch of the menu...I would recommend this to anyone! I has been great for me so far!

Meal 1- GOODMORNING! You wake up and within an hour you MUST eat breakfast. It is, after all, the most important meal of the day! Here's what I typically eat:

100 Calories worth of Cereal (Nothing too sugary i.e. captain crunch, fruity pebbles, reese's puff, etc.)
Put enough milk over the cereal to get it wet, eat, and then dump out the remaining milk.
feel free to also put a half a banana with it... I do something a little different though.

As a part of breakfast you also typically get the option of either an egg or a protein drink. Since I am not a fan of eating eggs plain, I take my 1/2 of banana allotted to breakfast-time and put it in a blender with my one scoop of 100% Whey Chocolate protein powder (from costco) and blend it in with a little bit of water and ice, and voila! 

You have a chocolate shake that doesn't taste too bad. (You'll get used to it... Its PACKED with protein!)

TWO to THREE Hours Later!

Meal 2- It's actually more like a snack, really.

100 Calories worth of Crackers or Pretzels (Wheat thins, triscuits, those good healthy kinds!)
String cheese (yum!)
and a small apple!

TWO to THREE Hours Later!

Meal 3- LUNCH TIME!

Sandwich:
Lettuce
tomato (if you like them.. I don't.)
Mustard
One slice of Provolone cheese (smells like bum... but tastes pretty good.)
two slices of bread

100 Calories worth of any baked chips! (The Kettle Brand is really yummy.)

TWO to THREE Hours Later!

Meal 4- Snacking again!

One Yogurt - Activia Light Brand if you can
10 Almonds (YUM) (You can have the tasty smokehouse kind if you'd like!)
and a Fruit!

TWO to THREE Hours Later!

Meal 5- Dinnertime! 

Dan put on my meal list a specific thing to eat...
Rice, Chicken and Veggies.

BUT because he wants to teach me how to be human and not eat the same thing everyday, and because he knows that I have family and I frequently eat dinner with them, and because he realizes that my age group of people like to go out on weekends, because people my age (even if they don't) SHOULD be going on dates... ha... he wants me to know how to change this meal depending on where I am going and what I am doing.

Here are a few tips.
First of all, he told me...
If you are on a date with some cute guy, lets say he takes you to five guys... For heavens sake! Eat a burger! It wont kill you! Get the smallest burger available and then only eat as many fries as the size of your fist!

Here's another easy measuring tip.
Since I am working in portion sizes...here's what I do:

Look at the palm of your hand. That's how much meat you should eat.

now put your hand in a fist... and there you go... amount of carbs you should see on your plate (i.e. rice, potatoes, noodles, etc...)(Boy am I jealous of you people with big hands! haha)

Then have a bunch of those Healthy veggies, especially the dark green ones! (i.e. spinach, green beans, and that's all I can think of at the moment...

TWO to THREE Hours Later!

Meal 6- TREAT!

Treat yourself to a lovely 100 Calorie Skinny Cow Truffle Ice Cream on a stick thing! (YUM!)
Or have your favorite 100 calorie pack of oreos
or 100 calories worth of something you love, I guess!
It's a yummy way to end your day!


Also... Drink water... and lots of it. Nothing too specific. Just drink.

Time for me to jet. Sorry about the LOONNNNG post! 
Thank you for the love!
Thanks for the encouragement! 
In all you do, remember to find joy in the journey... as hard as your day may be... you can still SMILE and look for the GOOD in everything!

Hurray for doing hard things!

Chow!

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing, I'm super excited for you! Good job this week!

    ReplyDelete