Thursday, December 15, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things..

In my life I have come to know a few things. First, I have come to know that Julie Andrews is a SUPER nanny. 


(Eloise, Mary Poppins, Sound of Music...Yeah, the woman knows a thing or two). Another thing I have come to realize is the power that comes from finding joy in the little things in life. Things like "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens."

I believe that being positive is truly empowering. It enables you to turn even the gloomiest day around!


These are a few of my favorite things.
1. Christmas Scented Candles & a warm bath on cold winter days
2. Warm fuzzy slippers
3. The sound of rain

4. Laughing yourself to tears
5. A child sitting on your lap telling you a story
6. The laughter of three little girls
Gabi, Sophi & Ali are their names


Let me tell you a little story.

Once upon a time, there was a young teenager who loved babysitting. At the age of 12 she quickly realized the love that she had for children, and began getting little jobs around the neighborhood. A few years later she was asked to be a nanny for one of those families and there began her career. 

The girl grew up and went off to college. She missed that family dearly, and was sad that she was missing out on seeing them grow up.

Here they are now, a few short years later.


This past week I got to babysit these girls again for the first time in a long time. I think it is safe to say that I was consistently laughing myself to tears. 
Perhaps this video will give you a glimpse of why that is. 
I hope you noticed the sneezes?...Best parts.


"I mustache you a question..."

If you couldn't tell from the pictures and videos, these three girls are overflowing with talent and energy. I literally can't wait to see where their futures take them, I am blessed to be back in their lives again.

This second video is my sweet Ali, dancing her heart out in the NYCDA Salt Lake City Competition. She competed in October. She is 11 years old and won 1st place - high score soloist. 
She is such a beautiful dancer.




It's moments like these that make me so grateful for my life and the little things that fill it to the brim.


No comments:

Post a Comment