Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blindfolds

It seems as though my eyes are completely covered. And no matter how much I try, my future is completely unknown. No matter how hard I try, there is no pulling that blindfold off. It's one of those times in my life where I know that I can make one of two decisions. I can choose to sit down and give up trying to make my way to the future.. or I can choose the second option - the better option. This option being a trip to my knees as I turn to the Lord to guide my path.

As I think about this idea of the "blindfold" I realize that this is and will always be a life-long thing. We can never fully know the future. No matter how much I wish I could plan and organize my entire future... I can never fully know what lies ahead. And as I sit here and think about the unknown I can't help but be grateful for the knowledge I have of the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Through it I will and can feel the amazing peace that no matter what, things will always be alright.

With blindfold on and all, I know that there is no other reasonable choice other than to make my way to the future with faith that the Lord will provide. I truly believe that I will know what to do when the time comes to make a decision, so I will keep moving down my path of life... No one but myself can stop me from being all that Heavenly Father wants me to be. So here I go, off into the future - determined to succeed.

1 comment: