Monday, May 10, 2010

LOVE #3

To avoid the sweet but "cliche" notion to immediately write about my Mother on Mothers Day, I decided to wait until midnight. Because although Mother's Day is a special day, I want my Mom to know that I love her just as much the day after!.... possibly even MORE.

Dear Momma,
You gave birth to me, and you've raised me. You continue to guide and uplift me through this struggle I call my life. You lived a righteous life and married Dad in the temple, and because of that... I have the gospel in my life. Because of the choices YOU have made, I have been able to look to you as an example of who I want to be.

As I moved away for the first time, I was thrown into the real world and quickly realized all the work and love you had shown me through my childhood and younger teenage years. I realized the shaping and molding you were doing as you taught me to love others and to treat them with kindness and respect. above all these things though, when I moved away I realized how much I needed you. You quickly became the best friend I could have ever asked for.

I love you today and everyday.
You are the light in my life.

LOVE,
Your daughter
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment