Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sometimes tired and a little uninspired....

My dear friends.. It sure has been a while, hasn't it? It's amazing for me to sit back and watch life take its course. These past few weeks I have seen the lords hand in my life, and I feel truly blessing to have the gospel of jesus christ of latter day saints as such a big part of me. On and off for a while now I have felt tired and uninspired... Do you ever find yourself feeling that way? This past little while I have let so many other factors stand in the way and control my happiness. But just now I am realizing that with the changing of the world and the unsteadiness of the way, we can't afford to base our happiness on something that could fluctuate from one minute to the next.

Ive found that the only steady thing in my life is the gospel, because while friends are great... They cant always be there for you. No matter how much you need them or just long for them to know the very feelings of your heart...we can't expect them to ever completely understand or want to take time our of their busy life for you. I've realized now the teachings I have been taught that speak about finding in the Savior, Jesus Christ a friendship that is steady and unchanging. Christ suffered for our sins, for our pains, loneliness, and every other sad feeling we might have. He is constant, steady, sure...perfect. What more do we need than that? Through his sacrifice we can feel peace.

So here i am, wandering along he journey through life... Trying to patiently wait for an understanding to come on who and what I am supposed to be. Until then... I am going to work to get myself back on track in doing the simple things that we are told to do.

Scriptures, prayer, temple, journal.

Love a downhearted but hopeful,

Sydney

1 comment:

  1. What a thrill to hear that something is getting through in all those lessons! Sounds like you know just what to do to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete