Friday, June 4, 2010

Walks with mother...

Tonight I went out with Dear Mother on her walk. Now, initially it was because I felt uneasy about her going alone. I believed that she would be much more safe with me there as sort of a body guard, right?... Yes. Well, not soon after mom and I ventured out in the warm summer night we began to talk...and with the talk quickly came up the topic of me and my anxieties toward my unpaved future.

Recently I have truly realized how plans can change. I have vented about it in previous blog posts and have done my best at continuing to "Trust in the Lord with all my heart, and lean not unto my own understanding..." (proverbs 3:5-6) But today as I walked with mom I realized that it was what I needed all along. We talked about how I have always wanted to do something more creative. We talked about how much I loved fashion and fashion design... And little after little we talked through things and I feel that my future has some short of shaping to it now. I know what my plan is for the next few years and that is such a good feeling to Me.

I decided that I am going to finish up at the BC (LDS Business College) with my associates degree in General Studies and a lovely certificate in interior design. After that I am hoping to transfer to good ol Brigham Young University where I will possibly do a semester and then head right out to study abroad in Europe somewhere...(At this point I am planning on studying something artistic when i go abroad) I will completely enjoy myself in another country for a while then head back to cougar town where I will study rec management or something of the sort.

After BYU I will see where my life is.... Who knows I may be married. I may have a kid or two... So depending on the circumstances I I'll do what I gotta go. I could go back to the BC and actually major in interior design and receive a degree... Or I will start working with what I have. Some possibilities of career paths that i would just die over would be event planning - where I would work for big companies or for the community in planning big events and or parties... Or another option could be.... Well practically anything... Anyways.. Sorry about all the boring talk of my future, but it is completely thrilling to have some sort of idea or structure to my future.

So after a long walk and talk i think my verdict is..... I am SO grateful for my mom. Talking with her tonight was such a blessing and things finally started making sense... Oh how. A. Excited about my future... As for now, I must live for today. Doing the little things like prayer, journal, scripture, and temple are the things that are going to keep me on track to accomplishing all that I can in the future....

With all my love,
Sydney Tittle

2 comments:

  1. Sidney-
    first, you're amazing.
    secound, you're going to love the design program. it is intense, but it will all be worth it. you will learn things there and create friendships that you'll love.
    third.do let me know if you need any help with anything.
    fourth. i love your blog;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift this post is to your mom! That's the kind of parenting payday we mothers wait a loooong time for, love.

    Having a plan makes anything easier. I hate the unknown.

    ReplyDelete