Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Sister is HOME from the MISSION!

The sister is HOME from the MISSION!
...and she was greeted this morning with a foot of lovely snow.
boo.
Fortunately the sun came out as we enjoyed conference together.
(snow of which came right after we were led to believe that beautiful spring was here.)

This weekend I felt like a lucky darling.
...this is why.


Today I had the opportunity to spend the majority of my time surrounded by this amazing thing I like to call "My Family." The Tittle home is full now as the Sister has returned from the mission & as I have returned (for the weekend) from that great city called Salt Lake.
We huddled around the kitchen table in between sessions of our churches "General Conference" and ate the traditional meal
(which we all love so much)
SPAM, EGGS, & RICE.
(Don't judge... we used to live in Hawaii)


Needless to say, I have a beautiful sister who brings Christ-like love, unspeakable joy and an incredible peace to this Home. The woman is beautiful, has a heart of gold and the determination of no one I have ever met.

I am blessed to have the girl in my life.
She's one of my dearest friends.

When I move back home in a few weeks, she and I will have the opportunity to share a room again
(for the first time since we were no older than 10 and 7.)
This time will be a little bit different though.

-This time... I will sleep on the top bunk(which naturally gives me the right to sing her to sleep like she used to do for me.)
-This time we plan on reading and studying scriptures together and will actually have intelligent conversation that far outweighs the talks we used to have about Ninja Lessons in the night, scary black dogs chasing us on our way home from school, boys, etc.
 (I can actually neither confirm, nor deny the boy talk happenings that may or may not happen during nights in the future...)

Ha.

ANYWAYS
Brighter than sunshine my life is right now.
The General Conference this weekend was incredible. 

It was just what I needed to hear.
This gospel is true.
It is SO TRUE my friends. 



In 9th Grade, I remember being seated in the middle of a group of friends who were not of my faith. I remember at the time feeling nervous that I would feel uncomfortable because the standards we believed in and the language we used were very different.
At the beginning, the bad language was pretty vulgar and many times I would lose concentration during class. Until finally one day I got up the courage to ask them please to stop. The days following the confrontation, I noticed the slow decline of the vulgar language. I felt more and more comfortable talking to my new friends and one day was able to share my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints with them.


"Is your church what makes you so happy all the time?"
one of the sweet girls asked me.
I was caught off guard. Never had I ever imagined an experience like this happening to me.
"Umm... YA!" 
I said in reply.

Before that day I never realized the impact this gospel has had in my life.
Before that day I never understood how happy the knowledge of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has made me.
It gives me purpose.
It gives me more self worth.
&
It gives me more potential then I could ever know.


Summary: The Sister is quite the lovely darling, conference was quite the Heaven-sent blessing & life and the gospel are quite the unspeakable joy.

Love, Me




No comments:

Post a Comment