Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hope


Webster's Definition of Hope is:
2a : desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfillment.
Hey. 
Today the definition of hope become real to me. 
What is my desire?
To gain control of my life,
mind, body, and spirit.

Today I specifically felt hope in regards to the second; my body.
As many of you who are reading this may know, 6 weeks ago I embarked on a journey to total health and fitness, knowing beforehand that the treacherous road would not be easy. Especially for a girl who (recently realized) had some sort of a food addiction. 

I finally realized yesterday that this is a righteous desire of my heart. And like all other righteous desires, I must rely on the Lord for strength to fulfill it.

This morning I woke up feeling this very simple, yet true definition of hope radiate through my heart. And I knew that through my faithfulness, I would be able to accomplish ANY righteous desire of my heart. Even if it is healthy weight loss. 

As I weighed in today, I was excited to find that I had lost 2 pounds this week... and I knew at once that I could not have done it alone. God strengthens us through trials and lifts us up when we need him most. 

 Philippins 4:13 - I can do all things through aChrist which bstrengtheneth me.
What I wanted to tell you today, is that... If I can do this, if I can change my life around... then so can you. I KNOW with out a shadow of a doubt that through our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, ALL of our righteous desires will be fulfilled if we work our hearts out.
Thanks for your kindness, encouragement and support.
I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment