Friday, November 4, 2011

Blog-e-VENTory

I am tired, but I can't sleep.
Most times when I feel down, all I want to do is eat.
I wonder where this came from, this "addiction" to using food to cope with all the negative feelings I have.
All I know is that tonight I am going to go to bed,
and I am not going to eat.

As much as I want to go upstairs and grab a huge bowl of the sugariest cereal I can find,
and as much as my second choice would be to lay out here on the couch, and like I have done for years, watch a movie until I fall asleep... I am not going to.

Because for once in my life I am truly determined about something.
Determined about taking steps forward, not so many backwards.
Determined about somehow taking control of myself.
So tonight I am going to go back to bed
and coach myself to sleep.
I may have taken a few steps backwards this week, but I can be proud of myself for taking a step forward tonight.



Remember, the time for change is always, always, always right now.

love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment