Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Cheesy Post

I think every girl has a dream for who her prince charming will be.
Oh how my prince charming has changed over time.

(Yes, it is David Beckham in this picture, what a hunk of a man.)

I used to dream of my sweetheart riding in on his white stallion to sweep me off my feet and carry me off into the setting sun.
Aside from these things though, I knew nothing of what he was going to be like.
At this point in my life though, as many of you ladies could probably agree, my idea of who this wonderful man will be becomes more clear to me day by day.

I must have a man who loves the gospel,
a man who loves me,
a man who writes messages to me in eyeliner on the mirror before work so that I wont be lonely while he is gone.
A man who comes home from work, sees me cooking dinner and rolls up his sleeves to help me.
A man who will not settle for anything less than the temple
A man who lets me sing, and will sing along with me.
A man who makes me laugh,
a man who loves me more and more each day.
A man who inspires me to be better.
A man who can not wait to have children
He will be a righteous young elder who loves the Lord, respects his priesthood and has a divine testimony.

Its a comforting feeling to me that he is out there somewhere. I don't care whether or not I know him yet or not... because my trust is completely in the Lord. Whoever he is though, is going to have to have a lot of patience.

Whoever you are out there, I can't wait to find you. I can't wait to start the next best phase in my life with you by my side through the years.

YAY... MARRIAGE!

2 comments:

  1. Perfectly said!
    Don't settle for a guy anything less than that Syd, cause you truly deserve the best. I am so glad that we can help each other through this exciting and scary phase of life.
    I MUST approve of the man you marry! :)
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWww you and Hailey are so cute! hahaha but yes I love this post! My goodness I think back to the my idea of prince charming from when I was younger, and then think of what I want in my mister now and I realize how much it's changed from must being able to fight off dragons and monsters to being worthy enough to give me a priesthood blessing when I need one, or being able to take me to the temple :) Love it Syd! And it is comforting to know that he is out there somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete