Monday, April 19, 2010

"It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright sun-shiny day!"

It's 8am and I am awake.
Good morning world, you're beautiful again.
The sun is warm and I am finding myself basking in it already.

With Hall & Oates blaring in my ear, I am sitting here, simply thinking about life.
Thoughts of this last semester come to mind - what a bleak winter that was. I've decided that I can't base my mood for life on the weather anymore because if I do that... My mood will always be up and down with wonderful Utah's bipolar patterns.

So today, this very day, at this very moment under this beautiful sun, I choose to smile. If a sudden downpour of rain comes... I'll dance in it. If A blizzard sets in, I will build the biggest snowman in the world.

Because, like the dear prophet- President Thomas S. Monson once said:

"Life is to be enjoyed.... not just endured..."

Why live a life full of sadness when we can choose to be happy?! LETS TAKE THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED! - Remember how it will make ALL the difference?!


Now, of course there could be a few sad days-even under these sunny rays... But we have no reason to fear if we fill our whole soul with the light of the gospel - and fill our hearts with the spirit. If we do this... the sadness will naturally start to seem less apparent.

So I had a "crazy-person" moment yesterday as I drove back to Salt Lake from Orem. I was feeling down, and all though the beautiful sun was streaming in.. even the sunrays weren't helping to turn my frown upside-down. So... after half the drive, I decided I couldn't take it anymore so I burst out into crazy, uncontrolled laughter in the hopes of releasing some of those lovely endorphins.

Well, I am happy to report that it worked. The fake boom of laughter turned into real boom of laughter as I turned and looked out the window to see a family car on each side laughing as they watched my dramatic efforts to obtain happiness.

Moral of the story: Sometimes being a crazy person is not so bad!


Well world, tata for now... I am off to St. George to bask in the sun some more!

But before I do, I want to ask YOU - What do you do that keeps you happy- even on cloudy days?!.... I know you are there, so why don't you share?!

Sydney Tittle

No comments:

Post a Comment