Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day# 11: Check!

Here I am again.
Lovely.
Today was my first REAL day of school.

That last sentence probably either made you shutter in disgust
oooor it quite possibly could have made you jump for joy with excitement for me.

I,
my dear bloggers

was jumping for joy with excitement.

Not quite kid on Christmas, but you get the point.
It was quite a darling day, and two sweet fellow schooler's even came up to me and told me they read my blog.
I was thrilled.
It's fun to know that my somewhat exciting life
is actually somewhat exciting to other people.

So I just wanted to take a minute and say thank you.
thank you for reading.
And for liking me. :)


Now, back to task!

Task# 11: Take time to study alone in the library.

That I did.
And you know what?
I think I am going to do it more often.

And a result of me doing it more often will be a beautiful set of STRAIGHT A's!

Now, I don't know how many of you know this...
perhaps you can see evidence of some, or all of my blog posts.
but I am going to let you in on a secret.

I, Sydney
am ADD.
HA, yep, that'ss right... you heard me, the cats out of the bag, la la la, what ever.

But while my little ADD brain and I sat in the library and worked together I got so much homework done! The only distraction I had was a full bladder, and an instant idea for the list I am about to share with you.


5 Studying Tips for EVERYONE 
(definitely good for people with ADD)

1. Find somewhere quiet and secluded. (For me it was a study room in my school's library)
2. Clear and prepare your area  (Declutter)
3.Get rid of all distractions (Phone, computer, other assignments, etc.)
4. Review topics the day you are given them (Don't procrastinate instilling them in your memory.)
5. Just DO it! You can sit there and stare at your paper all you want. You can fiddle with your pen, tap your fingers, think about that good looking boy/girl in your last class, day dream about your next blog post, or what ever your distraction may be...
BUT
You could ALSO...
Close your eyes, clear your mind, focus all your attention in to the task at hand, and then just GO to work. ACT, DO, BEGIN, ACCOMPLISH! I did this today, and I definitely see success in my future!
Happy day you guys,
Go and DO something new...
like... RIGHT NOW!

Love, ME




No comments:

Post a Comment