Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day # 16: Happy happy SUNDAY!

Tonight I did something that I have, actually done before.. 
I had a Sunday get-together.


BUUUUUUTTTT...
Let me tell you the fabulous thing I checked off my list TODAY...

Task # 16: MAKE DELICIOUS FRENCH TOAST

Yes, I know what you may be thinking right now.
You've never made french toast before?!..
Well no. I haven't.
Here's the reason...


I, quite simply, have never really liked French Toast, so why make it?!?...

And once again... there you go.

Because I have never really enjoyed French Toast.. I decided to make my OWN recipe and make it so that even I enjoy eating it.

So as I started happily slaving away in the kitchen (Now when I say "Slaving" I mean more of an "Indentured Servitude" type of slaving [I signed myself up for that job!]) the doorbell kept ringing and more and more people kept showing up.



Grand Total: 32 people
for the record...
That IS the record for # of persons crammed into that living room
I am proud.

But more than the number of people who showed up,
I am VERY proud of my FRENCH TOAST.



As many people left they commented on that being the 
"best french toast they had ever had"
(I wonder if I could get a ribbon for that?...)

What was my secret? Many of them asked.

Well here's what I used.

French Toast:
Thin White Bread
Vanilla
Milk
Eggs
Vanilla
Cinnamon

TOP SECRET GLAZE SAUCE INVENTED BY ME: (Or so I like to believe)
Milk
TONS of White Sugar
Tons of Brown Sugar
Vanilla
Butter
Lots of HEAT
LOTS of STIRRING
Lots of LOVE.
Sprinkled with powdered sugar.

AMAZING.

Satisfied.


Good Day to you!

Love, Betty Crocker Herself

No comments:

Post a Comment