Monday, January 10, 2011

Day #9: MISSIONARY SUNDAY

Sunday is always a good day.
This was a DAY full of the topic of missions.
I drove down from Salt Lake to go to Best Friend, Cameron's Homecoming Talk in church.
He did SO well, I was a proud best friend.

That, I am excited to say though, is not the only exciting thing that happened as I sat there smiling from ear to ear for him.
As I sat there, I felt a small "flame" be ignited in my heart...
It was a burning desire to serve a mission.
This has never happened to me.
I feel so excited.
So unsure,
So bright eyed and bushy tailed.
I think I am going to serve a mission.
In December of this year I will be able to start my papers.
Sometime next year I will probably be serving the Lord.
Sharing the gospel, teaching this message of happiness, peace, and JOY wherever I am called to serve. I could not be more excited!!

Well, this leads me to Task #9: Write a Missionary!

Meet Elder Gluch! (It's pronounced like GLUE, cool huh?)


He's serving in Taiwan.

Quite the handsome young devil I must say. 
(Wait... not a devil.. but you know what I mean!)

The thing that makes me the happiest about him is that he is out there
working hard,
riding a bike around,
speaking a very difficult language,
SERVING the LORD.
Doing his work!
That will be ME! 
NEXT YEAR!

...that is... unless the Lord has different plans for me. 
Which he might...
BUT
We'll see. 

Love,

MEEE

Hey you!
JUST DO IT!
whatever "it" is... DO it!
Ready, Set, ACTION!

1 comment:

  1. Sidney, you would be an awesome missionary. I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete